1 stick (1 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 large eggs
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine butter and sugar. Process until well blended
- Add cinnamon and vanilla. Pulse to combine.
- Add the eggs while the processor is running.
- Add the heavy cream. Pulse to combine.
- Lightly butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
- Breakup the croissants into 1-inch pieces and layer the pan.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants.
- Soak for 8 to 10 minutes. Periodically push the croissants down to evenly soak the egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.